Former South Africa captain AB de Villiers has quit the Indian Premier League after announcing his retirement from all forms of the game earlier this year. As IPL 2020 was held in the UAE due to the COVID-19 pandemic, De Villiers did not get the chance to play his last game in front of the Bengaluru fans.

De Villiers finally cleared the air about his comeback speculation in an interaction on Twitter Spaces on Monday (October 3). Talking to his followers on Twitter, the 38-year-old cricketer said that he will return to the Chinnaswamy Stadium (home of the Bangalore franchise) next year, not for the game but to thank all the fans who have supported him for a decade.

Here is AB de Villiers letting his fans know on Twitter…

With this, the former chess player put an end to all the speculations raised due to his announcement during IPL 2022. I would like to return to my second homeland,” de Villiers told VUSport.

“I’ll be around RCB next year, I miss him, I don’t know at what level, but I want to visit my second home – the Chinnaswamy Stadium – I’m looking forward to it,” de Villiers said. RCB Hall of Famer along with West Indies’ Chris Gayle a few days back.

Considered by many to be one of the only white-ball cricketers to have scored 9,577 runs in 228 one-day internationals, De Villiers became the first South African batsman to score a double century in Tests when he scored 217 against India in April 2008. One of the most lethal batsmen in ODIs, de Villiers scored the fastest fifty and fastest century in January 2018 with 16 balls and 31 balls.

He joined Royal Challengers Bangalore in 2008 and is the sixth highest run-scorer in the IPL with 5162 runs from 170 innings at an average of 38.70 and a strike rate of 151.68.





Source link